Sunday, June 12, 2005

Another Poem by Zoe

By Zoe....My 13 year old...Nancy

I pulled this from the poems folder, I did it a little while ago. Not much to change though. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm working on one right now called Remember the Future.


Shared Sky

If there ever was a chance for good,
if ever existed dreams,
I will search the endless skies.
Until I find the means.

If I can find the pot of gold,
the clouds will leave the sky.
If I can make the joy appear,
The sun may once more shine.

If the great winds that split us cease,
and our colors blend as one,
then that alluring whirlwind of silver and gold,
will no longer decide who’s won.

Together we can do it,
together, not apart,
together we are something,
life’s truly peaceful heart.

If you choose to fly above,
our self advancing games,
We may find a way to heal the nations,
and a way to end the pain.

If we work together,
and truly, with our hearts,
fix our eyes and set our minds,
we will no longer be apart.

If I try my hardest,
if we all do our best,
then we can make a difference,
and the rain may do the rest.

Though it seems so far from reach,
it’s really not so hard.
Just fix your eyes and set your mind,
we can do it, we can start.

The bounty of the open sky,
the endless blue and white.
If we search, and call as one,
we can end the fight.

We can make it happen,
from now on, it’s up to us.
when we all work to meet our goals,
we can get there with little fuss.

I choose to make a difference.
I’ll fly above the clouds.
To make this world a better place,
it’s you and me that hope enshrouds.

9 comments:

Anne said...

lovely words, zoe and zoe's mama!

thanks

Cindy said...

It's great just the way it is! Keep writing Zoe!

Mauren Mureaux said...

Hi Nancy~

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I'm with you on the Rosie's Blog Buddies group too so i've seen your name there and on Rosie's comments as well!!

I agree with Cindy, keep writing Zoe!! ;)

Lovely pictues Nancy!!

~Suz~

Heidi said...

Another winner..Beautiful~

BonnyT said...

Great poem once again...give Zoe a thumbs up from me...

And by the way, I almost made a sidenote when I referenced the 'barbie'...it's kooky sometimes how our minds think alike...

lightfeather said...

Zoe is a wonderful human being and an even more delightful spirit!

the bright one said...

umm...thanks, it's not really one of my favorites.

Jaded said...

Your daughter has a beautiful spirit. Thanks for sharing that with us.

And thanks for all the kind words on my blog. I appreciate it so much!

author said...

Zoe,
sometimes the best thing you can do for a finished piece is to know it is finished and is a fine work just as it is.
This needs no tweaking at all.
Give yourself that knowing.
You are an amazing writer with an equally amazing future.
Enjoy your gift.
Keep it rewarding by not making it hard work.
You shine young woman.
Simply shine.
Thank you for being willing to share this with us.
I know it sometimes is very scary to do that.