Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Michael Jackson

Well, Bonny took my idea for today's post. Will do that another day! Thanks for that Bonn! LOL...In all fairness, she was up and posting long before I was. And, she really didn't "take" my idea. We just had the same idea! Weird that our minds are so alike.

Michael Jackson was acquitted yeseterday. On all counts. This morning on NPR, somebody said, "Michael Jackson is going to stop sharing his bed with young boys." Seriously. Who could not learn after that inordinately expensive circus. It took a toll greater than cost though. MJ's health. The families of the accusers and the jurors definitely had to deal with being in the public eye for the last four months. To me, it would be very painful to lose my privacy. The poor residents of Santa Rosa who had to deal with all the wacko fans and media traffic in their beautiful town. Although, good for the local economy.

I am not going to be popular with what I am about to write. That's okay. I am not in a popularity contest and just stating what I think. So, bring on your disdain for me and I will live through it.

I want to believe in my heart of hearts, that Michael Jackson never molested these young boys. I am not sure whether it happened or not. But, I also believe that MJ has a huge heart and likes kids, young boys, because he never got to be a kid himself. I think in his eyes, trust belongs to these kids. Kids are nonjudgmental and trusting. Some adults, are highly judgmental and some are not very trustworthy. A way to make a buck. Or just want something from the MJ, the megastar. Who can he trust, where adults are involved? How can he know who is sincere? Who likes him for being just Michael?

I think the kids liked MJ for being fun and childlike. He treated them like contemporaries. Weird, yes. But, we did not grow up as he did. These kids he surrounds himself with, "like" MJ. Not the famous MJ. Bu the fun one. The one who rides on the rides with them. The one who runs around and plays with them, in a playful, childlike way. There, I said it. Get out the rocks and stone me if you must. But also know, that I was molested when I was eight. So, I do know something about that.

I do wonder where HIS kids are when he has young guests over. I also wonder about mothers who would bring their kids to Neverland and approve of the sleeping arrangements. I do think that it is weird that he has sleepovers with boys. I have also heard that he will take the floor and let the kids have the bed. I have heard many things and I do think he is a strange one, no doubt. But, being strange is not crime. If he did molest boys, then he will get what is coming to him in the end.

Final note. What is with the wacked out fans who sold their homes, came from far away countries and quit their jobs so they could hang out at Michael Jackson's home or near the court house? Not your average fans are they? No wonder he cannot trust adults. Everybody wants something from him. That has to be hard and I realize it is part of being a celebrity. But, his fans are scary and stalkerish. I think he was smart not to make a comment after court yesterday. We all remember when John Lennon was shot. Who knows which fan or non fan would shoot MJ to become the famous person who shot him? Demented minds and all that. Scary huh?

Perhaps I just want to believe the best in him and I am a wacko as well. Frankly though, I am not a huge fan.

Okay, let the comments rip.

8 comments:

Anne said...

just to let you know... you aren't alone in your opinions about this. as i stated on my blog, nobody wins with this sad situation. his life as a once-respected performer is over now, despite the verdict.
the spectators are frightening to me. cheering for him as though he just won the fucking super bowl, con...what?!! no comprende.
and the parents who brought their children to him so willingly... i mean really, what were they thinking? would you do that?

Cindy said...

I'm with you on this one, and I posted on my blog my feelings as well. I think it's on all of our minds. I really believe if he'd have been found guilty on anything he would have dropped dead right there in the court room. I'm just glad it's over.

Anne said...

howdy again... thanks for stopping by. no worries about the under-exposure of my blog. i don't want to list it anywhere... the idea of people just stumbling onto it is much more intriguing! i was only trying to say that i'm fine with all of it, whatever occurs. i don't want to write for pats-on-the-back. it is expressly for my own self-preservation. i can't see myself catering to any specific group for strokes or praise. you know what groucho said: "i wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member!" ; )
(thanks for your input.)

Heidi said...

I'm just glad it's over..So sad..I agree with Cindy and if not the court room then imo he wouldn't last in prison.

Jaded said...

The jury foreman has said that while he believes MJ molested at least one, if not 2 other boys, he did NOT molest the one he was on trial for. He said this is based on the evidence presented at trial.

So, if he didn't molest THIS boy, good. I'm glad he was acquitted. Where does that leave the others, though?

BonnyT said...

He would, indeed, crumble in prison.

The whole thing is just so sad, whether he was found guilty or not...the fact that even had to argue that fact is horrible.

Glad I took you idea, Nance ;) Remember though, I'm 3 hours ahead of you..I have a bit of a head start ;)

Anne said...

just to clarify one point here, nance-you mentioned santa rosa as the town where all this madness went on. santa rosa is 2 hours from my home, in sonoma county. the jackson trial took place in santa barbara county, down in your neck of the woods. santa rosa is known as being the home of charles schultz of peanuts fame, and now of "deep throat"-aka mark felt, who recently came forward as the person who helped to bring down the nixon white house.

Nancy said...

Funny, I got your response thur my email and posted to the other post, today's about it being Santa Maria, not Santa Rosa...Thanks for the clarification Annie!