Friday, June 03, 2005

No Helicopters!

For the first time since the Laguna Beach landslide, I am not hearing helicopters! I am so happy about that!

I went to a concert last night at the high school. My 8th grader was singing. She came forward and sang beautifully with three others.

I told her that her solo was beautiful. She told me that she sang with others, and it was not a solo.

Never the less, she sounded great! The whole program was awesome. High school chorus with my daughter's middle school chorus.

My husband takes chorus with my daughter's teacher. We will hear them on Sunday night.

And, my little actress was upset for not being in the chorus, But she is so busy with, girl scouts, acting in local plays, and so many other activities!

It has been a busy season!

And....it is still pretty quiet! Many people got to go back to their homes yesterday! Some did not.

2 comments:

Anne said...

hooray! glad there is less noise in your world. i hope to be in so. cal on the 22nd or 23rd, for a few days with my pal and her mom. june is always such a hectic month, isn't it? my 13 yr. old sings in her final choral concert of the school year on monday evening. i too have made the same mistake in referring to her "solo", when she actually sang with one or two others! have a good weekend.

for_the_lonely said...

Isn't silence pure bliss sometimes???

Your are so fortunate to have experienced so many awesome things in your life. I am sure that you are proud of your daughter for her "solo" last night (and yes, I believe that I would call it a solo as well!LOL). What a blessing you are to so many...

Love,
Sarah