Thursday, June 23, 2005

Graduation Day

Today is the last day of school for my middle schoolers. We have to be at the school early for my eighth grader's graduation. Off to high school next year. I cannot believe how quickly this day came. I will be using tissues, watching my daughter sing in the middle school chorus for the last time and then graduate. She is going to wear a pretty new skirt, black with purple tropical flowers and cute new lilac top. She doesn't wear anything but shorts normally, so I will be taking the camera, not only for graduation but to capture the image of her wearing a skirt as well.

I think it will be a bit cooler today. We have the early morning low clouds above us now. Hasn't been cloudy here for a few days. I am not complaining about the weather, we have had beautiful sunny weather and not too hot. Nothing like the scorching heat in Bakersfield or even inland a few miles.

We went to a bowling birthday party yesterday. It was in the 90's. I am thankful for airconditioning on days like that. I drove six giddy girls to the party. No need for the radio. I was driving one of three cars of girls to the party. A total of fifteen. The birthday girl's actual birthday is not til later this summer, but it is difficult to get kids together for a party, during that time of year. So many are on vacation with their families or ensconced in scheduled activities. So, this year her mother sent invitations for an early party and it was quite successful.

After school today, the girls and I are going to get our collective hair cut. Nice way to start summer vacation. New do's. Not drastically new or different, just trimmed to healthy levels and maybe a bang here or there.

Tomorrow, it is sleep til you want day! This should be a national holiday. Nothing scheduled til another birthday party, sleepover, this one, later in the afternoon. I know one daughter will not appear until 10:00. I will be up at or before the crack of dawn, because that is what I do. I do love a good nap though. And, I reserve that right for later! LOL

I received a yellow mouse pad in the mail Tuesday. It is fun. I don't have a mouse. Maybe I will put it on ebay! ONLY KIDDING. But, some have. I rarely take things back that I buy with wrong sizes or not wanted, once home. I sometimes do, but I am very bad at it. I cannot even think of how much effort it would be to actually take a photo and upload it to ebay and then wait for a bidder. My time is more valuable than that. Unless it is a big ticket item that can reap a large amount of cash...Then, I might consider it. But, so far, I cannot think of anything I no longer want, to sell.

I have purchased some items on ebay. I have purchased items from concert tickets to pee chees. Does anybody remember peechees? Folders for school work with all kinds of useful information on the inside flap. Always with sports figures on the cover. Different years, different covers. I bought two, because there were no single peechees to be found. Anyhow, my kids thought I was nuts when I described the folders to them. I told them how cool they were and fun to use. By the end of the year they were full of information. Phone numbers, times and locations of parties, nasty notes about a frustrating teacher, a note to a friend during class, the name of a hot guy hidden among all the other renderings on the folder. Should have saved them for look back in time! Nah, I already have to much clutter, clutter everywhere. Went off there didn't I? Sadly, I could go on....LMAO

I would like to shout out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sarah of Rosie's Blog Buddies. She started a board for those of us who wanted to get to know each other and it has been very successful and a safe place for those of us who are members.

And finally, HAPPY GRADUATION to my Zoe. Straight A student and all around very nice person. I love you Zoe, congratulations sweetie!

Off and running. Later

6 comments:

JessieTYCG said...

Hey there Nancy!

Just stopping by some of my blog buddies' sites. Happy graduation to Zoe and congratulations on finally receiving your mousepad!

See you on the boards!

Jaded said...

Congratulations to Zoe!!

I hope the graduation goes well, and that you all have fun during your afternoon of beauty!!

I wish I could have a sleep till you want day, but that's sort of hard with a 3 year old, lol.

Heidi said...

Congrats to Zoe..Very exciting.. :)

And Nancy ^5 on your mousepad..I almost received mine today..But it was a wedding invitation instead..lol


A question to you and your blog readers...Is it possible to change an ISP address? " awaiting mod.." 12 hrs, 8 hrs etc...That has to be the reason why.

Cindy said...

High School, hope you have better luck with that than I've had! Makes one feel rather old, doesn't it?

BonnyT said...

This is always such an exciting time of year for them - and even more exciting when its time to graduate :)

Fun stuff.

Maybe I'll have to GO to EBAY to buy one for myself :(

lightfeather said...

This is exciting and great news! Congrats Zoe!