Sunday, June 12, 2005

Some Things I Do Like

"Is there anything you do like Nance?" asked Bonny after reading yesterday's Pet Peeves post. This is for you Bonn....

I Like...........


My family...A great group.
Living in Laguna Beach. Truly a beautiful place to live.
Putting peanuts in my coke...Before it was cool. Don't tell me it's not!
Being in Tahiti. Swimming in the beautiful water.
Listening to birds chirp. Even the crows.
Beautiful gardens. Wish I had one. Well actually, we do have very nice yards.
Rain. Like it is now. Light, but still raining!
Weather. I am a weather nut. Early morning low clouds buring off to afternoon sunshine. For months.
My weather station from Phoebe. Got it at cost from her Wild Bird Center store in NJ.
Bargains. Only Gentiles pay retail. I broke that myth.
Online shopping. Simply the best and most relaxing way there is to shop!
Seeing the smile on people's faces when they get gifts they like. Especially after all the time took to find it!
Okra. The fried variety.
LMAO with friends. The kind that give me laughing headaches.
Listening to old people talk about yesteryear. And, yes, I do stay awake.
Sleeping. I have insomnia.

Drivers who use their signals when turning. Very polite. And it's the law!
Drivers who drive well. Actually learned the rules of the road....and apply them.
Drivers without guns. Seriously, it could ruin your whole day!
Drivers who pull over to use their cell phones. Admirable quality!
Drivers who stop at crosswalks for pedestrians. Just because they can.
Drivers who drive buses full of elderly folks. They save so many lives. I applaud them.

People who can spell. Love that.
People who write silly stories that make me laugh. Can you see me laughing?
Jokes....I adore a good joke.
Caller ID. No, I was not monitoring my calls!
Music. Lots of music. Country most.
Fishing. Very relaxing and I always get the biggest fish, always have!
Gardening. Mostly in pots so Charlie the dog won't eat the beautiful flowers.
Snairol and Deadline. Snail's last meal. But keep away from the dog!
Tivo. Especially the season passes. Can watch a soap in twenty minutes or less.
The Lword and QAF. Even though I am straight.
Into the West. Great new six part show on TNT. Just ask Cindy!
Six Feet Under. The show.
Photography. Love to shoot the unsuspecting.

People who trim their trees to preserve our view. Isn't that nice of them?
Coffee. Gotta have it.
Ice tea. Been drinking it since I was a kid. Had to make it after school, every day! No suger, yuck.
Fabreeze..Wonderful stuff. Works great in the rinse cycle.
Mr. Clean Eraser Bars. A fucking wonder.
Really good sheets. High thread count. Fabulous.
At least a dozen pillows on the bed. Or more, like we have.
Cool days. I just do better on cool days.
Curly hair. That has changed since I was growing up. Wanted surfer bangs and straight hair then.
Chenille socks. Who wouldn't like them? There so soft.
Chenille throws. At least until Charlie the dog ate them.
Calculators...When was the last time you added something without one?

My computer. Brand new hard drive for free. Two days before the warranty expired. Priceless.
The fact that I taught myself how to use the computer. Something I am proud of. Less than ten years ago they scared me!
Emails...Any kind of mail. No junk or spam, thank you.
People who replace bathroom tissue and paper towels. Because, well, you just should!
People who clean up after their dogs. Even the people with monogrammed bags and shovels, they make me laugh.
Therapy. Used to think I had to be crazy to go to a shrink. Nah, just messed up!
Writing. Some day I hope to be a great writer. One can dream.
Talking in my sleep. Makes my husband and kids laugh.
Making people laugh. Because I am funny, I really really am.
People who have their payment ready for the checker. Doesn't that just make you smile?

Meeting stranger friends and checking out their blogs. Seriously, it has been great fun.

More than enough for today...Feel free to add what you like! Cheers :)

14 comments:

BonnyT said...

I stand corrected!

My contributions? How about I just stick to the TV show portion of yours, for now?

Lword & QAF..because I am a woman. And women aren't afraid to admit that they enjoy watching women :) There, I said it! ;)
American Idol / Canadian Idol - my guilty pleasures
Survivor - just gotta have it.
The Sopranos - Edie Falco is a Diva.

Oh..and off topic...top of my list:

Clean Sheet Day.

Heidi said...

>Putting peanuts in my coke...Before it was cool. Don't tell me it's not!


OMG..I have never heard that..LOL


"People who can spell. Love that."


Then reading my Blog must be added to your pet peeves that u hate..I'm known as the typo queen..lol

Enjoying your last 2 entrys..Thanx.

Cindy said...

I love six fee under. I've been watching for a low priced season three on ebay. I also loved dead like me, but it was cancelled, hate that. The Sopranos, awesome.
You would like me, I'm a very courteous driver. I always let people out if they are waiting for my lane. I always use my turn signals, don't have a cell phone. Oh yeah, and I don't litter. The only thing is, I sing in the car. I sing pretty much everywhere, but in the car, lots!

Anne said...

i often think i should have been an editor, because i get sort of obsessed with typos and grammatical errors. either an editor or shrink! i cherished my therapy time as well, and wished i had started it sooner in my life. definitely a treat to one's self, to work through the bullshit. nice post... you most definitely know what you like! i admire that.

Nancy said...

Come on ladies, you have never heard of putting peanuts in your coke?
When I was little, my father taught us to do that. He was from Oklahoma!
Ever hear of Barbara Mandrell and George Jones??? They sang this song....In the 70's

Written by K. Fleming & D. Morgan
(As performed by Barbara Mandrell and George Jones)

I remember wearin' straight leg Levis and flannel shirts
Even when they weren't in style
I remember singin' with Roy Rogers at the movies
When the West was really wild
And I was listenin' to the Opry
When all of my friends were diggin' Rock 'n Roll
And Rhythm & Blues
I was Country, when Country wasn't cool

I remember circlin' the drive-in, pullin' up
And turnin' down George Jones
I remember when no one was lookin'
I was puttin' peanuts in my Coke
I took a lot of kiddin'
'Cause I never did fit in
now look at everybody tryin' to be what I was then
I was Country, when Country wasn't cool

(Chorus:)
I was Country, when Country wasn't cool
I was Country, from my hat down to my boots
I still act, and look the same
What you see ain't nothin' new
I was Country, when Country wasn't cool

They call us country bumpkins
For stickin' to our roots
I'm just glad we're in a country
Where we're all free to choose
I was Country, when Country wasn't cool

(Repeat chorus)

Yeah, I was Country when Country wasn't cool

Anne said...

nancy~even if people don't know the song about peanuts in your coke, wouldn't they have seen laverne and shirley, or reruns at the very least? i refuse to believe it is due to our age(s)!
salty-and-sweet is one of the most enjoyable taste combinations around, i think. :)

Nancy said...

Annie, I forgot about Laverne and Shirley! Too funny. Have you been comtemplating this all morning??? LMAO

It is our age! I just know it! Unless they rerun it on Nick at Nite!

My father used to put salt on watermelon. I told my daughter to try it one day and she thought it was "disgusting."

lightfeather said...

I have heard of peanuts in the coke. Do not personally do it. Better you should dip McDonalds french fries in a chocolate shake, but it has been years!

And those Mr. Clean Erasers? OMG!!! How did I live without those!? I bow to the master.

BonnyT said...

Oh Nance, I remember wearing straight-legged Levi's, flannel shirts even when they weren't in style... ;) (of course I knew what you were talking about)

You MUST MUST MUST give Jann Arden a listen. I guarantee hours of listening pleasure.

VERY cool about BEaches at your friends house...

Cindy said...

Hey, I'm old and I never heard of the peanuts in the coke thing. I've heard that song, I guess I never paid attention to it! Salt on watermelon is pretty good, on cantelope too. My favorite is potato chips on baloney sandwiches.

A Flowered Purse said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! its always nice to get more visitors because then i get new links of blogs to read! I am gonna read yours tomorrow!! I read this post LOL you like alot, I see peeves underneath so ill read that too! Peanuts n coke who wrote that up above BLUCHHH that like milk n pepsi lavern used to drink!
Have a great Sunday Evening
Dianna

Heidi said...

"My favorite is potato chips on baloney sandwiches."

let me add Tuna, pickles and mayo..I thought this was discusting when i first heard of it..But it's actually pretty good..lol

Nancy as per your reply on my blog..Do u know why u have not noticed any pet-peeves on my blog..Because I go back constantly to edit all the typos I end up finding..Many times I even miss those..ugh

btw..in the 30 seconds it took me to type this I counted 10 typos..Hopefully I corrected them.

Nancy said...

Okay, you are all cracking me up! Yuck to potato chips on bologna sandwiches! I like my chips crunchy and on the side....

Tuna, mayo and pickles, isn't that the recipe for a tuna sandwich? I love those!

And the coke and Pepsi thing...OMG so disgusting. Forgot Laverne did that too!

My father used to drink buttermilk with pepper in it. Just thinking about it...ugh. When I was little and we were out of cereal, we ate saltine crackers, broken up with milk and sugar on them. Our homemade cereal, crackers and milk. I don't know how we did that, but we did!

Heidi, don't obsess about your typos! LMAO... I hate them more in books and in magazines or newspapers, they have editors! Not on your blogs! LOL I just enjoy the blogs and I am not the grammar police!!!! LMAO still.

Carrie said...

Great post! It made me smile! She you on the chat board! Wait...chat room...I'm such a nerd.

Carrie or WadyPhoto