Thursday, June 09, 2005

Endless To Do List

My To Do List is endless. As it should be. If my To Do List gets done, then it must be time to die. We should all have a To Do List. But never this long!

My To Do List

Make a To Do List. Another. Because the last one is lost. (one down, 25 or so to go)
Fix handle on bathroom sink.
Rehang towel rack in kids bathroom.
Fix the kitchen faucet that still moves since installed.
The headboard on the bed has a piece that came off. Needs to be glued. Antique, is this okay?
Put away clothes.
Get rid of clothes.
Wash clothes.
Reorganize the linen closet.
Saw in half the broken umbrellas and put them out for the trash.
Take the chewed up wicker chair to the trash. Dog is nine mos now. He can stop chewing, the chair at least.
Give the dog a bath.
Wash his bedding.
Return items to the stores, I bought them from, that are sitting in a bag, for just that reason.
Clean out he junk drawers. Should not be more than one.
Rearrange the kitchen cabinets.
Fix the pull out drawers in the kitchen cabinets.
Clean the garage, with a dumster nearby. I would actually like to use my pool table.
Pay the bills.
Find out why my Photo was not installed on my new hard disk.
Pick up birthday presents for a couple of girls.
Download airline boarding pass.
Have my car detailed.
Decide what new car to get.
Clean the glass on the kitchen cabinet doors.
Replace some drawer pulls.
Make eye doctor appointment for myself.
And finally, match all those fucking socks that must to have a mate somewhere!


Like laundry, A To Do List should rear its ugly head every few days. Never truly done.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

If I were to write a to do list, I would probably die while I was writing it. It would take that long.
My short to do list for the day is
Get the mail
Go to an appointment at 11
Make Anthony cut the grass
Watch soaps
Monitor my items on ebay that are ending today
Figure out what to make for dinner
I'll be happy if those things get done today!

Grumpy Old Man said...

Oh the pain of being a woman.

When you were gone I got a taste of it . . .

Anne said...

i would give my eye teeth to have a list such as yours, nancy! i have had to let most of my "listing" go, since working the 40 hour a week thing. and it shows at home. and that is why, when the man and i take our vacation-time together next month, there will be no actual vacation. instead there will be days and days of working around our house, doing all those things we cannot complete over the course of a weekend. exciting, eh?
i miss the days of being a domestic goddess! best of luck in all of your endeavors.

Puffer said...

Right now my house is so messy it's not funny. The Brad interview was great. I thought he was good. The work in Africa was interesting too. I loved the kids.

Jaded said...

I make the lists. Makes me feel better to pretend I'm being organized. I usually opt for playing outside with my kiddo instead of following the list. Then I feel even better because I pretend I gave up so much to spend quality time with her. I'm insane, I realize!

lightfeather said...

Oh, the socks! I think there is a vortex in the washer that takes them into some black hole. There is no matching them. EVER!

BonnyT said...

At least your socks appear to HAVE partners.

Our socks around here lose their "better halfs" to our 100 lb Yellow Lab on most days....