Saturday, June 25, 2005

Landslide Benefit Concert

We got a call from my daughter's chorus teacher from school. She asked if Zoe wanted to sing in the concert in the back up chorus for a surprise guest, at the Bluebird Canyon Landslide Victim's Benefit Concert today at El Morro Elementary School here in Laguna Beach.

My daughter was told who the surprise guest was and was completely unimpressed. She told the teacher, "I guess so." I asked if she knew who he was and she said, "No." I said, "He was a BEATLE!" Again, not impressed. She has never heard of him. I told her more about him and his career. "Okay." And she heads to her room.

Well, I will be excited for her! And I will tell you the surprise guest. You may have already guessed it, since two of the Beatles are gone! The surprise guest is...

Paul McCartney! How cool is that???

This concert is from noon til seven and in the field of the school which over looks Crystal Cove. Of Beaches fame, and too numerous to mention movies, TV shows and commercials...It will be an awesome setting and an awesome concert.

I will never handle staying in the sun for seven hours, so I may just catch a couple of acts. One being Paul McCartney and my daughter in the chorus. Apparently he asked for an all kids chorus. Somebody was wise enough to call the music teacher from the middle and high school. She is also the community chorus leader, of which my hubby was in this year. School just ended on Thursday, so she should have had some luck getting enough for the back up chorus. A rehearsal will be held at ten this morning for the kids.....

I am very excited for Zoe and the rest of the town. Paul McCartney! I love him! And my daughter, well maybe after she sings with him, she will want to hear some of his music and be enlightened as to who he is! LMAO

I hope I don't get in trouble for spilling the beans! Frankly, he could bring more people to the concert if he were headlining! And at $25 a tix for adults and $10 for students with ID, it is a bargin!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, that's pretty awesome. Remind Zoe that he did the half-time show at the super bowl this year. I'm excited for you, for as many concerts as I've been to, never got to see him.

Heidi said...

And at $25 a tix for adults !

OMG! Hellooooooooo how amazing is that! Congrats to Zoe...What a week it's been for her..Let us know how the concert was and if she enjoys his music...Have a great day.

Anne said...

my kids LOVE beatles music
they would be so thrilled
hope it was great fun