Sunday, July 10, 2005

Good laughs and one big lobster

One big lobster!

Ronnie in his Survivor shirt from the Kern River Rafting Trip

Saturday night was so much fun. We sang songs and googled song lyrics, because we always forget words. I made the font huge so we could all see it without our specs! We stayed up very late and while I only had two drinks, I was very tired today. Just a change in my sleep pattern can do that to me. I don't sleep much anyhow, but I seemed to make up for it today. It has been a lazy day of tivo'd shows and naps....

Ronnie and Pam brought Lindsay who will be with us for a week. Haven't seen much of her or Zoe, and that is very okay. They are having a blast.

Ronnie and Pam also brought a NINE pound lobster and crab legs...Delicious. I took a photo because I am from the west coast and have never seen a Maine lobster this big...

Big lobster and Ronnie!

I made a lobster omlette for my hubby and short order cooked for everybody else as well. I cannot do lobster for breakfast.

Anyhow, that is all for now...I have things to do, that I didn't do today!

10 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

That is one massive losbter!!!!!! Wish I was at your place so I could eat some!

Here are your questions!

1. What word do you almost always spell wrong?

2. What is your favorite scent? Why?

3. Are you superstitious?

4. What is your biggest crutch?

5. Have you ever gone to a dinner party, only to go out to eat afterwards because you didn't fill up on food? ( No worries, I have! ) LOL

Have fun!

Cindy said...

Holy Lobster! I don't do seafood, so of course I don't do lobster! I would have said so earlier, but you said you didn't want to hear it.
I love the Survivor T-shirt!

BonnyT said...

Looks like fun, and it also looks delicious (in another life BEFORE I found out I was allergic to shellfish...)

:(

Heidi said...

I've never seen one that huge..omg!
My parents used to have Lobster New years Eve Partys..The next 3 days it was lunch and dinner..I luv it ..But not for Breakfast...lol

Jaded said...

Holy moly! That lobster is huge!! Even though I live on the East Coast, at the shore no less, I don't like seafood. I like shrimp sometimes, but that's it. However, Mr. Jaded would KILL for a lobster like that!!

Glad you had such fun!

Phoebe said...

I've never seen a lobster that large either, and believe me, I have seen and eaten quite a few of these babies! In fact, I had one last night. It was 1.88 lbs. and contrary to my usual pattern, I saved some of it for today. This one had a very hard shell and I had to resort to smashing to claws to get the meat out. Delicious!

lightfeather said...

I have never seen anything like that! That sucker is absolutely huge!

Phoebe said...

Jackie, the turn red when you cook 'em!

Nancy said...

It took a hammer to crack the monster lobster's claws...I know it sounds bad. But, it was good...
And it served six and there were leftovers!

Phoebe said...

Did Patric get any?