Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hodgepodge

I have taken to calling my dog Steve. His name is Charlie...But, it is funny when I call him Steve. It confuses everybody. My daughters went with the flow and decided he could be Charlie Steve...

My step daughter knows of a pretentious little Pomeranian, clothed of course, named Steve. I thought that was funny so I thought I would try it. Not the clothes though.

My sister in law, Phoebe, and I cracked up every time we said it...Steve, get down. Dammit Steve why did you pee on the door again, it was open!!! Ah, Steve, you are such a good boy. Hey Steve, want a rawhide bone? Steve, knock it off, I want flowers on that plant! Sit Steve, stay Steve. Get your ball Steve. It's just a funny name for a dog!

My husband comes home and the kids tell him, Mommy changed Charlie's name to Steve...He looks at me and says, Why did you do that? Because it is funny. He doesn't agree. He calls him Carlos Enrique...I say, Carlos Estebon! Steve says, call me whatever the hell you like, just not late to dinner!

Phoebe and I have had the giggles a good part of the day. Not a sip of an alcoholic beverage either. Just silly giggles. She tells me a joke and I crack up. She tells me she doesn't know why it is so funny to her, but it is. I insist she tell the joke at dinner. It is all she can do to get it out, we were laughing so hard that tears were streaming down our faces. The girls and David didn't get it. We weren't drunk with alcohol, just happiness and fun. Finally she tells her joke and David laughs with us. The girls are not amused!

Her joke...A duck and a drake walk into a very nice hotel. They get to their room and realize they do not have protection and call down to the bellhop to bring up a condom...The bellhop says, Shall I put that on your bill? Badumpump.

Anyhow, it was funny and later we were blog surfing and again laughing. David was reading and I called Steve for something and David looks up thirty seconds later and asked why I was calling him Steve. Again, I laugh and tell him, because it's funny. He told me I was really starting to bother him! I still laughed.

So, Phoebe went home to NY yesterday and I have been trying to get back on schedule. Bills, cooking, cleaning all that crap. Oh and of course being a taxi service.

But, that is all for now. Gotta make dinner....Hope all are well. And lightfeather, I am thinking of you often! You take care and stay strong! I know this has to be very hard for you and I am happy you are taking your life back! You deserve to be happy. Nuff said!

6 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

What you left out is that I, the Alpha Dog, have been training Karl Heinrich von Hund in German as well as English. (There's an old saying about speaking French to one's mistress, Spanish to God, and German to one's dog).

Phoebe said...

The poor pup is probably confused. Of course, Nicholas the cat thinks his name is "psst, psst" since that's the sound he responds to.

By the way, he was cute and adorable when I got to the store to see him this morning. Love that kitty! He found a box, a little smaller than a pizza box that he claimed as his own. I actually got to sit down in my chair today because he wasn't in it all day long!

And that duck joke is really funny!

Carie said...

lol the joke was pretty funny, as is the dog named...my papa named his dog TwoTwo and my Aunt was making fun of it, her name is Vikki so my pops named the dog Vikkie and loves to yell out when they are home Vikkie stop peeing on my lawn lol...

Karen said...

Steve is a great name--I would laugh my butt off too !
of course this is coming from a woman who has a dog named Woody !
sounds like you had a great time.
take care,
Karen

Cindy said...

Steve is funny! Our animals have alias names too. Shelby Woo is sometimes Mrs. Woo, or just Woo.
Turk is sometimes Dark Princess, and Snickelfritz is sometimes just Snicks.
Ebony's name was Ebony Louise, and I always just called her Louise!

I'm glad you had time to have the giggles!

Jaded said...

I have 2 dogs... Casey and Morgan, both boys. Casey we call Skittle most of the time. When he was a puppy, we called him the little piddle man because he piddled everywhere. When he was about a year old, my niece started feeding him Skittles and he loved them. Still does. So he transformed from the little piddle man to the little skittle man. i know, crazy.

Morgan is just Morgan or Morg or Morgie. He's a corgi, so he's Morgie the Corgi. I say he's good boy-ish, because he's mostly a bad boy with good boy tendancies.

I know, I know...I'm a lunatic.