Monday, July 18, 2005

Shit, Shit, Shit!

I have not been keeping up with the calendar lately. I was thinking our guests would be here next week...My sister in law reminded me they are all coming this week. (In my comments, LOL) I am thinking, okay Thursday...Plenty of time to clean the garage! Wrong. The arrive tomorrow night!

Not that I don't want them to come, I do...I just realized all I have to do to get ready. Mainly the garage, but UGH!

David's daughter is coming with her two boys and then her husband and my sister in law come in on Friday. My sister in law from NY and my step daughter and family from Houston.

I feel weird calling her my step daughter, because she is a grown woman, closer to my age than hubby. I don't really know what to call the boys either. So, I sign things I send them Grandma Nancy. I suppose they just call me Nancy. We don't get to see them often since they are busy in Houston and we are busy here in California.

I feel that the boys get cheated out of having a doting grandfather in my hubby, because we have children so close in age. In fact Katharine has one nephew older and one nephew younger than she is. But the love for his grandchildren is there. They are much closer to their father's mother. They stay with her and she is a great grandmother. She lives in Texas as well. Maybe some day they will move here and we can all get closer.

It is going to be fun to see all of them. We have been blogging a lot, but it is never the same as having them here with us.

Well, I better get my butt in gear...Holy crap, I have so much to do. Not enough coffee in the world to help with the garage. I will be out there all day. At least the pool table has to be usable and the space around it enough to shoot! Yes, I have much to do....I knew I would wait til the last minute...And I did it again. I was actually going to try to avoid doing this for this visit. But as usual, time got away from me. Sometimes visits are good just to get me to organize things! And when it is done, I will feel better.

It will be a fun week and I am looking forward to seeing everybody!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Nancy
At least you got a reminder, before you opened the door. Get what you can done, and don't even worry about what you don't get done. Just enjoy the visit!

Anonymous said...

Can;t you hire a maid service? Good luck on the guests.

Nancy said...

Cindy, you're right, just enjoy the visit!

Lucille, we do have a great family and I wish you could be here with us....And, I am not trying to spit clean the place. For the most part it is fine, cluttered here and there, but I don't care about that. Just so we and they boys can play pool! It will get done, it will get done, it will get done.

Heidi said...

Nancy...Try not to stress...Easier said than done..ya i know..Just do what u can..It doesn't have to be perfect..Enjoy this family time.

I'm sure there will be plenty of good story blogs..Looking forward to updates. ;)

majamom said...

Hi Nancy,
I got more accomplished prior to our two big summer visitors then i have in 2 years!
Now both my step son and my God daughter have come and gone, and its back to the limp along through this dreaded desert heat.
I sure hope it is cooler in your part of the state =)
Enjoy all of your family and friends.
Namaste,
MB

lightfeather said...

They're family. They will love you mess and all! Creativity will move the mountains of "stuff" and everyone will have a FUN-omenal time making everything come together. Grandma Nancy, you are the fun nana!

Karen said...

because I seem to be missing the "love to clean" gene, I have aquired a motto:

"a clean house is a sign of a truly misspent life"
LOL

I do love my house to be clean though -- so sometimes I drink a pot of coffee and go into hyperdrive !
especially when I know company is coming. but don't kill yourself cleaning--they will love being there with you and that is what really matters :)

Phoebe said...

Maybe I can sleep on the pool table!

Just Jan said...

I imagine your view of a messy garage is alot worse than it really is. I tend to be that way especially when people are coming over. Hope you relax and enjoy the visitors. Looking forward to some posts afterwards.