Thursday, July 28, 2005

Woulda Coulda Shoulda, Sell on eBay?

I have been emailing with Cindy, who does eBay. I have bought on eBay, but never sold. I just mentioned to Cindy that a friend's husband sold a broken TV for $25 on eBay. He said it was broken and that the buyer would have to pick it up. It sold very quickly and was gone! Probably something my father would have bought. He could fix anything. Thank God eBay wasn't popular when he was alive, or at least he was not on the internet! It would have been like a garage sale of all garage sales to him and my mother who actually had a bumper sticker that said, "I brake for garage sales."

I am the worst at taking things back to the store. I am horrible at mailing things. I have several things in my clean garage that I could sell. They are taking up space for no reason at all. I wonder if I could actually sell them???? I think I may try it out and see if that can become a new hobby! Hell, I could use the money and it could be fun...

Just a quick thought on things to sell. A pair of Lucky Brand black pants, girls size 10. Brand new, daughter hates them!

Four pair of size 9 1/2 shoes, that I don't like....Too late to return.

Boxes of yarn that my mother bought and never used!

Several clothing items, never worn, brand new, too late to return.

Fake gold plated flatware, I have never used, but have owned for 15 years!

Several bins of Barbie paraphernalia. Barbies are naked, but hundreds of outfits to choose from! Hotels, Airplanes, Cars,
kitchens with everything they need, hair salons and much more.

Two dolls that have their own insides. They talk, they crawl, they cry, they cry when wet, when hungry...Batteries removed shortly after my daughter got them because, well, they kept her up!

LP's. Cassettes. No eight tracks though.

Lots of kids clothes and coats that have been outgrown. Some never used.

I wonder if I can sell all those Happy Meal toys???

Books, books and more books! Kids books, Nora Roberts books, Patricia Cornewll books....I pleaded with my step daughter, her hubby and my sister in law to go thru David's thousands of books to see if there were any they wanted. Got rid of about 15! Hubby had veto power, only used it once...Good Hubby!

Cassette tapes to learn Russian, Spanish, maybe others.

Two tall kitchen size bags with unmatched socks...Think somebody would find the matches at their house? Hmm.

Video tapes. All for sale, except Disney...Feel the need to keep those. Don't know why!

Bicycles. Girls bikes are like new and too small for them. One pink one purple, both Trek.

A iBook battery that was not needed. Got a new computer at the time.

A few cameras, digital and others that don't work!

Printers, two Mac computers, a Mac version palm pilot. Never used. I sight, never used....

Man, the list is endless! I should take a serious approach to this and get rid of all this stuff. I still do a double take when I walk into my clean garage and see my pool table! I suppose I will get over that, but it sure feels good!

Yes, I think eBay may be my next project. Don't be afraid to speak up if any of the above items strike your fancy! I do accept PayPal! LMAO

13 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

I started to sell old books on Alibris, but I'm lazy and only listed about 10. Sold 2 or 3.

So it works.

On eBay you could probably sell a jar of warm spit, if you said it was some celebrity's. Hmmm . . . not a bad idea . . .

Heidi said...

I've never got into the ebay craze..I'm almost afraid to start :X..lol

A Minha Sombra said...

hi :)
***

BonnyT said...

I'm sure there is a market for naked Barbies on some sort of XXX website, Nance...LMAO...

And people pay good money for 'things' on those sites....or so I've heard...

:D

Other than that, I say put the clothing and shoes on it, for sure!

for_the_lonely said...

This is so funny that you listed this today..I am getting ready to stick some books and magazines up on e-Bay...and I have been loooking for a digital camera...so you must e-mail me... LOL...see what we can do! All of your stuff sounds awesome, and I am sure that you can sell most if not all of it! The best way to do it is sell most of that stuff in "lots" ...you will get rid of a lot more things faster than you realize!

Hugs to you,
Sarah

Jaded said...

I've never sold anything on Ebay, but I've bought stuff. I have gotten alot of Jadette's clothes through ebay. I just type in "girls 3T lot NWT" and I get auctions with multiple outfits in her size, new with tags. FOr the summer the best deal I got was 10 complete outfits, with sandals, hair bows, a purse, and sneakers, for about $106 with shipping. They are beautiful clothes, too.

The fact that I buy her tons of clothes combined with the fact that I have 2 nieces who pass down their cloths, all in great condition, and you have one kid with a different outfit every day for more than a month...probably close to 2 months. It's insane!

Just Jan said...

I have a friend that is an E-bay addict shopper..trust me..your stuff will sell. I think it's a great idea.

Phoebe said...

I've bought but not sold, but I have a bunch of things I want to sell. Just need a little time and encouragement to get these items up!

You held out on me. You never mentioned you had wool! I have a whole closet full of wool, but I could squeeze in a bit more! Maybe we should just mail all our stuff to one another. Take what you want and mail the rest, plus your own "stuff" to the next person!

EngLee said...

You will definitely be able find your buyers in eBay, since you have such wide range of items. :)

Playground In My Mind said...

ahahhahahaahhahaahahhahaahhaha Too funny. I loved the socks listing. ahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahaa What would really be funny is if I have the matching one here. ahahahahahhaahhaaha oh, dear. Renee

Cindy said...

Go for it Nancy, you're probably sitting on a gold mine! I sell all of my old textbooks online. I get way more for them than the bookstore offers on buy back day.
I sell the good clothes that Anthony outgrows after only wearing once! I'm having a blast. And you should too.

TheMommason said...

How much for the Russian language tapes?

Kate said...

Yarn? Did you say YARN? Is it wool? Alpaca? Mohair? I'm all over it. Sell it to me! :-) If it's acrylic though, no can do. Let me know. :-)