Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sleepover

Today is cousin Lindsay's last day with us. The fort will be coming down. The Anime fanatics have to separate. Zoe is going to be sad to see her go. She has been here for a week and has be a delight. They do speak in Anime speak and I don't get it, nor do I want to. The laughter and giggles were all I needed to hear.

Yesterday I asked Lindsay to do her laundry, so her hard working mother would not have to do it when she gets home. Lindsay said she didn't know how to do laundry. I said, well lucky for you, I taught Zoe and now she can teach you! Then I asked her if she knew how to fold and she informed me that is her chore at home. Pam does the washing and Lindsay does the folding and puts the clothes away. Hmm, I should have thought of that!

I told Ronnie and Pam, that I would like to borrow Lindsay for at least two more weeks this summer. She has been terrific to have around and has been great fun for Zoe. I asked them the other night if they have had a fight yet. They said, "What would we have to fight about?" Can't get any better than that!

Zoe and Lindsay
This photo is dark and since I have no iphoto at the moment, I could not lighten it...But, it is representative of their fun together.

David hit Costco when they opened yesterday. Picked up two copies of the new Harry Potter book. He was amazed at how many books they had and at the person trying to keep the pile neat and orderly. Then he went to Barnes and Nobel and found a similar event there. But, he went for a different book for himself.

The girls did try to get David to the midnight distribution of HP the night before and he was having no part of that this year. Last year they did do the midnight release party at the local bookstore. Now, both books sit uncracked. Katharine has three books currently being read and Zoe has one she wants to finish in a series and I am sure she will take care of that when Lindsay leaves and then she will down Harry Potter in one fell swoop.

I want to take the girls to see Willy Wonka this week. I hate crowds and opening day of movies. So, we will quietly slip in when the theater opens one day this week. I am excited to see Johnny Depp. He is such a wonderful actor. I loved the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder. I think the sarcasm of Willy Wonka was lost on children and was much better when I was old enough to understand it!

So, the Anime fest and forts will be going away, the giggles and laughs memories, but sleep will be a good thing for those girls!

I hope you all have a fun Sunday!

8 comments:

A Minha Sombra said...

Nice day to you!

lightfeather said...

Life just simply does not get any better than that! Giggly girls are the best of times!

Cindy said...

Those were the days! Remember, details about JD!

Karen said...

Memories made.
The special times of youth.
That bond they have shows in the picture of them.
Hoping you have a fun Sunday too !

Heidi said...

Speaking of Zoe..Check out Ro's new addition to her family :)

Jan said...

Thank you Nancy for your kind comment on my blog. I have been reading your blog for some time but have never replied.

It's great to meet wonderful people as you here.

Jaded said...

I'm so glad the girls have had so much fun!

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today. It was good, but not great. There was something missing, I think. There wasn't the connection between the characters, and I think that Charlie didn't show any sort of redemption until the end, so it seemed a little late. The movie is worth seeing, but I'd hoped it would be better. If I were grading it, I'd give it a 75 or 80 out of 100.

Phoebe said...

You neglected to mention the approaching arrival of more family next week! Out of the frying pan and into that hot, hot fire. Meet me at John Wayne Airport on the 22nd!