Thursday, July 14, 2005

TRAFFIC!

I went down the hill to town this morning to go to the bank. I got there and there were notes on both ATM's, saying that their server was down and so were the ATM's.

I came home.

I had to go down to pick up the Katharine and her friend from rehearsal and I stopped by the bank first. Took forever to get there because of all the traffic. The summer school had just let out of all the schools, which added to the frustration. I took a deep breath and even let people go ahead of me, to pay if forward and all that good stuff. Simple courtesy.

I get to the bank and one ATM is working. Yippee. An old woman went to the broken one and a couple of us informed her that it was down, but she didn't hear us. She came back and then thought she must have put her card in wrong. I again told her it was down. "Oh, this is out of order" I hear her say....OKAY. It is my turn in line, but I let the confused woman go ahead of me. She was pushing 90 and when she was done she told me, "thank you ma'am." Okay, that is bad enough when a young cuss does it, but somebody her age....She did not have a southern accent either, in case you were all thinking that.

I get past the intersection in town and there is an accident. A tow truck...I thought that was funny. Nobody was hurt, but a tow truck in an accident. Just funny to me.

I have to go onto a one way street to get to the girls. First I must pass the Sawdust Festival and all the pedestrians. The car in front of me starts backing up....I honk. He continues to back up. I have a Navigator, a big sucker and I backed up between a delivery truck and other parked vehicles and it was difficult to get thru going in the forward position. I kept backing up and the truck driver told me, "good job!" Like I am a woman, I am an idiot and he is surprised I can fucking back up! Finally, the car turns into a now deserted parking space. I pass him going all of 5 mph and two woman are talking to a guy across the street at their car. He steps out and stops, then decides to cross in front of me. I was prepared, I was going 5 mph. I hear a faint "slow down" come out of his mouth....I almost lost it. I looked behind me and luckily for him there was a car behind me, because I was going to back up to ask him if he just told me to slow down....How dare he tell me to slow down when I am going 5mph in a 15 mph zone and he steps out in front of me! How much slower could I have been going, 4,3,2,1 mph? Loser. Pissed me off. Started off paying it forward and being courteous and ended up with pedestrian rage!

I am now breathing deeply, in and out, in and out, very slowly. I have finished breathing and between this and my ranting post....I feel better....

10 comments:

Cindy said...

LOL, some days you just can't win.

Heidi said...

"Pissed me off. Started off paying it forward and being courteous and ended up with pedestrian rage!"

Nancy,
your intentions were good..That's what matters...Hope by now u have calmed down..If this ever happens again..PLEASE BECAREFUL! Road Rage/Pedestrian Rage is very dangerous..Pre-concerned and always ;)

Nancy said...

Hey, I did okay Cindy...I made it home and didn't get into a fight or an accident, like the tow truck did!

And Heidi, I was calm as soon as I finished my rant. But you are right, there are some crazies out there. Now days, people don't even want to look at the person in the car next to them! And, my intentions are good....

lightfeather said...

Now that is the kind of day you have to have bubbles in the car! I had one yesterday. On the freeway in 115 degree heat. No one was moving but really trying to edge in on one another. And where were my bubbles? I don't know, but I got pretty cranky.....not to mention sweating in all of my 1001 body parts and possibly bazoombas!

A Minha Sombra said...

Hi Nancy...
yes, i put I in portuguese, in your husband blog.

I've add your e-mail to my messenger. if you want to acept :)

Bye***

Puffer said...

i am so freaked to drive anywhere but my city
i won't do it
so I admire you
just breathe
more after the wedding

zbjernak said...

sometime we might be wondering....
how the heck people get to be so low in IQ and yet pretend that they are absolutely correct.....

and i guess there weird people is all over the world...

we have to do something before being conquer by them

LOL...hahahaha

EngLee said...

You should be grateful when these traffic problem happens doesn't happen frequently. As for myself, I'm in traffic congestion for at least an hour each day, just to get myself to be in office.

zbjernak: Nice to see you here!

Jaded said...

I am so with you on the pedestrian rage. I hate that arrogant BS. UGH!

Grumpy Old Man said...

The average IQ is 100.

That means half the population has an IQ above 100, but the other half's are below 100.

These people have driver's licenses. Be careful out there.