Thursday, August 04, 2005

Am I Alone?

It is three thirty in the morning and usually at least Cindy pops up to talk to me! Or Bonn. But, not this morning...Oops, AOL is dancing up and down, it could be Cindy....Yep, it was her. She is up and at'em.

My cousin's daughter is coming back tomorrow. We are borrowing her for another week. She and Zoe had such a great time last month...They are both excited to leave real life and step into Anime heaven...

I am meeting with the woman in charge of girl scouts here in town this morning. Glad the house is clean! I have taken on the job of being in charge of all the troops for the nut sales which are held in the fall. Didn't know girl scouts sold nuts huh? Most people don't and they are harder to sell than cookies. But, we do make money on them and the girls get to go to camp or something out of the sales, so it is worth it. I just get to pump up all the troops this time, not just my daughter's!

I had to give three references...It always amuses me to do that. I would of course give people who know and like me right? Would I ask somebody who thinks I am a ditz to give me a reference? Seems rather moot to me. I got great references though. My friends did a great snow job, cuz the lady thinks I am a great lady! HA...Actually, I am good person and I did fill out the forms that say I am not a child molester or a criminal...Wonder if they will call the FBI on those or take me at my contract signed word? LMAO

I have just folded another load of laundry and put another in. Coffee is set to come on in two hours. I suppose I should go watch some TV and fall back to sleep.

When I saw the doctor about my insomnia, he did say if I was happy with five hours, bifurcated or at one time, then he was too. He did give me some samples of the new Lunista? Something like that. I have not tried them yet, but they are supposed to keep me asleep longer than Ambien did and are non addictive, and I am not supposed to build up a tolerance to them. I got to taking two Ambien and told the doc that I would not go on to three pills, even though he said I could. No, I couldn't.

I think I actually like being up in the middle of the night. It is so peaceful and no phones are ringing, nobody is asking me questions. I can just do what I like. Charlie/Steve is snoring in his crate and Partric is asleep high atop his post. The hub is sleeping soundly, the kids are out cold. I can hear two owls talking to each other. I hear the drips that are getting my new car dirty. Coming from the eucalyptus trees that tower here, in their grove, where all the houses have intruded. Occasionally, the coyotes go off, when they find something to eat. They can be very loud. But, not at this moment. How could I not love this time of night? I am apprehensive about taking something that insists I sleep eight hours. I only need five! Things to think about or not!

Alrighty then, back to sleep until the coffee smell wafts its way to me!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

LOL, I wish you would try the Lunesta so you can give feedback. Ambien is still working for me. It would be easier if it wasn't so darn hot!

Jaded said...

My mom doesn't sleep well either. My brother told her that as we get older, we need less sleep. Babies and teens need the most sleep, then it goes downhill from there! I need 7 hours ,but I can get by with 6 and I prefer 8. I rarely get 8 hours. Actually, I can't remember the last time I slept for 8 straight hours. So, if you're good with 5 hours, so be it. If youp're particularly tired one day, try the medicine to see if you can squeeze out a few more hours of sleep for yourself.

Grumpy Old Man said...

I'm the male equivalent of a crone and I sleep like rock and could happily sleep more.

I wish I didn't need it!

Playground In My Mind said...

I am up all the time at night, too. I used to like it for the same reasons, but it makes summer vacations very hard to manage when I am exhausted... :) Renee

Heidi said...

Nancy,
Maybe Fairy Godmother can u give some extra hrs of sleep.. ;)

I wish I can give u a few if i could.

author said...

I enjoy the time when I am the only one up too.
It's nice to have the house to myself and a reason to be quiet.
I cant do laundry or vacuum because people are sleeping.
So it is truly a quiet time when I can just do whatever I want as long as it is a relatively quiet thing.

Hope your sleeping improves !

for_the_lonely said...

Since Jenny works at nights, I am up all night, and sleep during the day...I am on her schedule..but I like it a lot. I do not like to be asleep by myself during the night, so I feel safer when I am awake. I too have insomnia though..I could sleep for days and never feel rested. It is a real stinker! I have never been on medicine for it though..I hope that the new meds work for you!

Love,
Sarah

Just Jan said...

Have you ever tried a vitamin called "Melatonin"? It's a dietary supplement that helps promote sleep. If you take 1 tablet about 30 minutes before you go to bed, it helps you stay alseep longer. I have used it when I have trouble staying asleep. Since it's a vitamin, there isn't a scare of addiction.

Although, you make it sounds so nice to be up in the wee hours of the night all alone. If you're happy and content with that...don't change it.

BonnyT said...

I'd take 2 owls over the 2 yippy Yorkshire Terriers next door, anyday....

I don't think I've heard an owl in real life before...

Me? I like the early morning for the same reasons as you listed..

(Pls Note...I am up at 3am like Nance leads you to believe...we are 3 hours apart...LOL)

zbjernak said...

wow...the way u describe the night..
seems so pristine...so peaceful....so real...so natural....and so tempting...

staying up at night is not always an option for me....for health reasons...i tend to have high blood pressure if i were to sleep late...

Karen said...

I too have bouts with insomnia and find myself at the computer or reading to keep from waking anyone else up.
I love the quiet peaceful feeling of the night or wee hours of the morning even though I rarely stay up late.(I get up at 4:45 am for work !)
hope the med change helps a bit and you get the right amount of rest you need.
take care,
hugs,
Karen