Tuesday, August 23, 2005

NO COFFEE

I am out of coffee...The store doesn't open til six to buy some. I sit here yawning wondering if I should go back to sleep or go to the store at six and get some coffee...Big dilemma. Not much to do this early in the morning.

Fog is dripping, it's pitch black. The dog wanted out of his crate. Can't blame him. Although now he has chosen a couch to go back to sleep on.

I did some blog comments. I am listening to the neighbor's very loud sprinklers. No owls, no coyotes, just drip drip drip from the fog and the sprinklers. An occasional landing of a newspaper in a driveway.

I need to go to the store, the pharmacy, the bank. I wish they were all open now. That would save me a lot of time and you could bet there would be parking spaces available!

I may have to break down and go to Costco. The dog is out of his chicken treats. I haven't been since the last time I got him some. Three bags. I need to look at back thru the archives to see when I went last. I figure it has been two months. Just think of all the money I saved!

I guess I could go fold a load of laundry and put another one in! That would be fun, don't you think? I am too wired to go back to sleep, so maybe I don't need coffee. Although, I will probably get a headache from the lack of ground beans. I could have decaf, but yuck...

I need to go get a pedicure too. I have a gift cert from my birthday last October and I have not used it. It is for two pedicures too. My toes look so bad I want to do them before I go. Just like cleaning before the cleaners come. Vicious circle. I know they will be talking about my ugly toenails in Vietnamese too. And even if they aren't I will feel like they are. I think it is rude of people to speak to each other in a language the customer doesn't understand, while they are working on my feet. I would teach my kids that it is rude to do that unless, there are no customers. I could find a Vietnamese friend to take with me and she could translate, but then they probably would be nice!

Well, wasn't this a waste of a perfectly clean white post! I really have nothing of significance to say. I am lucky for that as somebody else said, while we can write silly things, there are so many people going through so much right now with their parents and other family being ill and then there is me with no coffee.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

I have some running around to do today as well. School shopping is on the list, whenever sleeping beauty gets his butt out of bed. I think I will sneak out and get some trivial stuff out of the way.

I would have driven somewhere to purchase a cup of coffee from somewhere!

Heidi said...

Nancy..While I was away this weekend my friend had this plunger coffee maker..I forget what u call it..I didn't follow her directions properly and added the coffee after I poured the water...I was drinking coffee grinds..lol but atleast I had my caffeine fix...So did u end up going to the store at 6?

"I know they will be talking about my ugly toenails in Vietnamese"

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode with Elaine...And I agree it's rude.

"I really have nothing of significance to say. "

I don't agree...It's your blog, thoughts, feelings..I always enjoy my visit here.

A Flowered Purse said...

LOL On the coffee, I Think i wouldve went and got some!!!!
Have a wonderful day Nancy!!
Hope you got your coffee and doggie treats!
Love
dianna

Anne said...

"i work in coffee"
the "plunger" is a french press-yum.
hope you got your caffeine, nancy!
have a fine day.

Grumpy Old Man said...

You could learn Vietnamese. I don't think it's too difficult, except for the tones.

But then you'd be like Elaine, whose father came into the manicure shop and told Elaine what the Koreans were saying.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

TheMommason said...

Hey there you! I know the thing about wanting someone to do something and then having to do it yourself so you don't feel like icky what are they saying about me. Do what a friend of mine and I used to do on the MARTA when we were stationed in Atlanta if people were speaking another language we would start talking to eachother like we were talking about them she knew Italian and I knew german so we had no idea what we were saying to eachother but it would make the other stop talking about us.. LOL

Glad I never got hooked on coffee that would be a bad delima HUGS pally

CrackerLilo said...

I can certainly relate to that last statement. :-) I'm glad you can be silly today, I really am. I don't find it boring. Like my grandfather always said, there's no need to go chasing after excitement; it'll come to you soon enough. Sometimes I really have to remind myself to be grateful for small problems.

Of course, you could always get your husband to indulge a weird interest, and blog about that. (I can just imagine some of the Sister-Friends' husbands looking at my blog and whining to them, "Look what *she* let her partner have!")

I hope you got all your stuff done, and got caffeinated somehow! Don't you hate it when you wake up too early to *do* anything?!

As for the Vietnamese nail ladies, it could be that they're not talking about you at all. Something I had to learn from Hispanics in Orlando and Russians in NYC. Though I agree it's a bit rude--it's deliberately freezing you out.

You could just get some fake toenails from Drugstore.com...;-)

Grumpy Old Man said...

Yup. George's father. Who else?

for_the_lonely said...

I hope that you got some coffee in you!

Oh man...Jenn knows several languages, and yes, even Vietnamese..when we worked at Holiday Inn, we had two co-workers that were Phillipino, and would talk to each other all day in their native tounge. Of course they spoke English as well..we always saw it as rude. And of coruse with Jenn fully understanding what they were saying, it was always gossip and talk about all of us. I think the defining moment was when one day they were talking to each other in the break room, and Jenn jumped into the conversation...in English! LOL That shocked them...but the kicker was when she told them off in Vietnamese...it was a classic! I even know a little myself! LOL

BTW, I have never had a pedicure; I am not sure that I would like people messing with my feet! LOL


Love you,
Sarah

Grumpy Old Man said...

When I was in college I had some friends who spoke Hebrew, and were riding the subway talking in the rude, graphic way of young men, about a very fat woman across the aisle.

After a couple of stops, she got up to leave, but before she left turned to them and said "Shalom, chaverim!" (So long, my friends).

zbjernak said...

i will drunk if i drink coffee...
heheheh yeh...
i will feel dizzy and sleepy and as if i had tonnes of beer....so rarely drink coffee

some people i know...will drunk if drinnk tea.... hahahahaha

caffeine i guessed

Jan said...

Not a waste of a post at all....stop being silly...LOL
I only drink coffee at work and only 1 large cup. My body does not like caffeine.

Sometimes a light post is what's needed.

Karen said...

COFFEE !!!!
elixer of the gods--liquid bliss--ahh the rich nutty aroma tempting me to partake.......
um, um, sorry.
I kinda LOVE COFFEE :)
I have never and will never have a pedicure. I have flintstone feet and I would never put my foot in someone elses care. they would be making faces behind the funny little masks and saying mean things I am sure ! LOL
no thanks, I will care for my own tootsies !
hugs,
Karen