Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Telemarketers and YOUR Cell Phone

Add your cell phones to the Do Not Call List Today.
If you haven't already!

JUST A REMINDER... 26 days from today, cell
phone numbers are being released
to telemarketing companies and you will
start to receive sales calls. YOU
WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...
To prevent this, call the following number
from your cell phone:
888/382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL
list. It will only take a
minute of your time. It blocks your number
for five (5) years.

Donotcall.gov works too. It is very simple and requires only a minute or two.

I added three of our cell phones to the list. When I registered two years ago, they only did home phones...That's all we need is telemarketers calling our cells. It may not cost a bundle like it used to, because most of us have plans with extra minutes...But it will save you from receiving annoying phone calls from telemarketers.

I am sure some of you know all this. I just found out yesterday that the Do Not Call list works for cell phones as well. This is not a joke.

I am not sure about you Canadians though...Do you even have telemarketers? LOL

8 comments:

Heidi said...

"start to receive sales calls. YOU
WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS."

Wow...That is just nasty!

Nancy, yes Canadians have teleM but i don't think it's as bad as the States..I hardly ever get calls in the evenings.

Anne said...

i got rid of mine 3 years ago, and now just the college kid has one, as she is on the road a lot. since i anwer phones for a living, i don't want to do it any more than neccesary.

Jaded said...

Wow, hadn't thought about adding the cell phone, although I do get sales calls on it already. The first call I got on the new cell number I have was a sales call. I just went to the website and registered, although the donotcall.org is for Arkansas or some state only. The national list is donotcall.gov. They give you the link on that state page.

Thanks for the info!!

Nancy said...

Thanks for catching the typo Jaded.
It is not .org it is donotcall.gov!

Look at the spam mail today...Should I delete them or go to their sites and flag them????

Just Jan said...

I don't have a cell phone but my house phone is on that list. Now if can have a list for blocking spam on our blogs....sheesh.

defenately delete then Nancy..I'd be leery of going to their sight. Yet perhaps that's what we should do.

for_the_lonely said...

I do not have a cell phone, and out net is up a lot, so I am lucky enough to aviod those nagging phone calls. As for them calling cell phones, that is just wrong!!! Good thing there is usually caller id on most cell phones so you can screen your calls before you answer your phone, and are slammed with a huge bill!!!

Cindy said...

I'll pass that info on to my friends that have cell phones. Thanks!

Karen said...

thanks for the tip !