Monday, August 01, 2005

?Question?

Can anybody explain to me how some days I get a plethora of hits within one or more hours? Some days I get 40 hits. Other days I get twice that many. I cannot figure out the pattern.

I know that blogger has the last ten updated posts, but with hundreds being posted every minute, I don't understand that either. I have never seen my blog on there, and never expect to with so many postings. Does it show up at some point during the day and then people click my link, resulting in all the hits from people I have never heard of? This is the only explanation I can come up with.

I know there are those of you who are very knowledgeable in this kind of thing and I would be very happy if you would let me know what you think! Thank you!

Off topic.

I picked up my new car yesterday and I love it. It will take some getting used to. Like the summer I went blonde and jumped each and every time I went by a mirror. I had been a blonde baby, but that was it. I have brownish red hair and it will remain that way. Although, my hair dresser prefers to make my hair lighter these days, as I am getting to be an old bat. She says when one gets older, they should go lighter with the hair color. I happened to like my dark hair with my blue eyes. And she is the same age as me and she has black hair...She is a friend and I will be bringing up this topic soon. Maybe she doesn't have any gray like I do. And I do have a lot these days. But, I miss my dark brown hair. I don't miss my black car, it will just take getting used to seeing it in the driveway and finding it in a parking lot!

Last night we went to Lagunatics. It is a spoof on the community and very funny. This year's theme was Senior Prom. In one scene they had everybody with their backs to the audience. When they turned around, the guys were wearing the dresses and the ladies were wearing tuxedos...Our police chief is leaving, retiring to Oregon. He sang a song about leaving and missing his job. Afterward much applause and more applause and he was wiping tears from his eyes. It was very poignant. He has done Lagunatics for years.

Then the fire alarm went off and nobody moved. The microphone was not working and there was a professional comedian on stage. Lynn Epstein, no relation, but she performs locally every week. Anyhow, the alarm is going off, she is filling in time while those behind the curtain got ready. She was great. One thing she said that stuck in my head was, "Why is it when you have a black car, the dust is white and when you have a white car the dust is black?" Very good question, don't you think? Then Bree who runs the show, beautifully, always, said the Gods were smiling on us. "Nobody freaked when the fire alarm went off, we have the fire chief here, the police chief, the city council, all here, and a professional comedian on stage to keep you all busy while we got ready." she said.

A lot of the spoofs were about not enough parking in town, police with radar guns, making the parking meters into "Vegas like" one arm bandits. You put your quarter in and my win an extra fifteen minutes. There were songs about the tourists leaving and as much as we love them, it is always nice to have our town back. One other thing Lynn Epstein said was, "Forget about telling us how fast a car can get from zero to sixty, how fast does it slow down to zero," which is what happens on our congested freeways. When the entire cast came out for their applause, each got a rose, then one by one they loaded them into the arms of the police chief. It was so sweet. Last night was the close of the four scheduled shows.

It was a terrific show and much money was made for the new Senior Center. All in all, a good night.

One more thing I want to say. I want to say thanks to Jaded for some very sound and honest advice. She thought I might be mad at her honesty, when in fact, it is exactly what I wanted to hear from her. So thank you Jaded! I truly appreciate it. You're the best!

Happy Monday and see some of you on the chat tonight!

9 comments:

BonnyT said...

Maybe the fact that I've written your blog address on the bathroom walls of some bars I frequent??? And bars are busier on certain nights...

;) LOL

Nancy said...

Bonn, I have to say, sometimes you scare me! But you always make me laugh! And such a clever idea! Can you imagine the new trend on bathroom walls...Contact Bonn's blog for a good time! She's smokin...Hot! LOL You crack me up!

Just Jan said...

blogs on walls....who'd a thought...lol

I drive my truck all the time and when I drive Mother anywhere we take her car. I'm forever forgetting where I parked because I'm looking for my truck...she thinks I'm nuts when I do that...lol

I'm just curious...how do you know the number of hits you get on your blog...am I missing something?

for_the_lonely said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Talk to you in the chat rom later! :)

Love,
Sarah

Cindy said...

I get hits from all over too. I don't know why or who.

I have to admit, never really wondered about it......

author said...

cant help with the hit issue either.

sounds like you had a great night though !

what chat ?
is this a private club ?

BonnyT said...

Yeah...what friggen chat?!?

Karen said...

if you put your blog address in your comments on Rosie's blog a lot of people may be visiting but not commenting.
also, people follow links from your comments on other blogs you visit but don't leave comments when they are blog surfing.

I gotta ask too--what chat?

Jaded said...

Hmmm... a chat club that we don't know about...lol

Anyway, thanks Nancy. I'm glad you aren't mad. I'm finally starting to catch up with my blog reading after a couple of very busy days. Glad the Lagunatics show was fun!!