Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Whine!

Lately I have gone to blogs that tell tales of depression, sadness, health problems, worries, fears and I am among them, at least today. I am gonna whine! Leave now Cindy! LOL

I think the state of our world has something to do with mine. As does the devastating Katrina and all the sadness surrounding such horrible loss of life and property. Lives changed forever.

I also think I am more than ready for school to start. As much as I love the girls, they need to go back to school. It has been a tough summer. For me, wanting to teach the girls to deal with boredom. Hmm. Hasn't gone too well. They were bored some of the time. One more than the other. I will not go into more details here. It was just rough.

I have taken on the sale of the lesser known nut program for the Girl Scout troops. I have been up to my eyeballs in paper and emails. I am dreading an all day training session on September 10th...I have been the cookie mom for our troop for five years and done the nuts for two...Not sure what else I can learn...I just multiply the whole thing times twenty troops instead of one.

We have had to endure days of jackhammering from the ongoing renovations next door. That stopped and the hammering, drilling and sawing began. I had a headache for days and I still have ringing in my ears!

I have a had a stack of bills to pay, just sitting here...But, still a thorn in my side. It is like laundry to me, I have to be in the mood to do them. Once I get started, I am okay, it is getting started that is a pain in the ass. I did get some done today.

I need to have my hair cut and colored. Another pain because it is a drive and a process and a drive home, which consumes most of my day. I need a pedicure too. I even have gift certificates to use. I believe I will celebrate the return of school by getting my quickly turning white, hair colored, eyebrows waxed and toesies done...That could help.

I am sad that Lighty is going though such a horrible time. I am sad for Jaded's friend too. I know other's are having health issues and hopefully all will be fine.

My daughter got a call from her friend and her cousin (37) had a heart attack and was in a coma. She just called and told me that he died. Her family is, of course, devastated. So young, so young.

I am off to get my daughter from her friend's house now.

Tomorrow I am going to post something funny because this is the worst post I have ever written. I do feel a bit better by just venting....Sorry you all had to sit thru my pity party, that is if you made it to this point! LOL

5 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

The last two posts on my blog have been about the hurricane as well. It just seems like I can not come up with anything creative to write, when there is so much devestation.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's friend's cousin. 37 is way too young. Suech heartache lately...almost feels like the world is spinning out of control...

Love you,
Sarah

Jaded said...

Sorry that you and yours are going through some "stuff" too. And sorry that I haven't been around much. For some reason, I've been exceedingly busy lately...Barely time to read mail, let alone post. I'm hoping it'll slow down around here soon.

Anne said...

tough times abound lately, for sure.
sometimes it's all too much, you know?
hope tomorrow's better.

Karen said...

for all the bad there is always some good.
it is around the corner and will be here soon.
I get so down when things are going this way but then I know in my heart it will get better.
hugs,
Karen

Heidi said...

Just a hug {{{{{ Nancy}}}}}} Today will be better.